|For their task 1, French Plus 3a students (C1) pretend to be guides at the annual Salon international de la caricature, du dessin de presse et d’humour (international salon of caricatures, press cartoons and humour). They have to create a collective exhibition and then present/decrypt a press cartoon at the launch of the event.|
|Specific LOs (Learning Outcomes) and/or goals of the task.|
|– Students have knowledge of current affairs in France and in the world and/or are able to investigate.|
– Students can recognise implicit meaning (irony, satire…), interpret and explain it to a public of non-experts.
– Students can use language flexibly and effectively, and adapt their language for non-experts. Students can show pedagogical qualities.
– Students can produce clear, well-structured, detailed oral text on complex subjects, showing correct use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
– Students can work collectively.
|Sequencing the task|
|Before the task|
|– Students watch the ARTE documentary “Fini de rire” https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e93zf |
– Collectively: students have to read the programme of the salon and take note on the topic of the collective exhibition: http://saintjustlemartel.fr/salon-international-du-dessin-de-presse/
– Collectively (in pairs): students have to select a press cartoon for the collective exhibition https://padlet.com/languagelearningetc/e7hn69bakqdwv8pk
|During the task|
|– Collectively (in pairs): students pretend to be guides and present/decrypt a press cartoon at the launch of the salon (in class).|
|After the task|
|-Assessment (task 6)|
|Resources used: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e93zf + http://saintjustlemartel.fr/salon-international-du-dessin-de-presse/ + https://padlet.com/languagelearningetc/e7hn69bakqdwv8pk|
|*Note: If you want to add the original document with the task, please paste the link here:|