|For their task 6, French Plus 3b students (C1) have to write a popular science article and self-publish it in a paper magazine. They also have to organise a conference open to the public to present their articles.|
|Specific LOs (Learning Outcomes) and/or goals of the task.|
|Students can understand a wide range of academic texts.|
Students can use language flexibly and effectively for academic purposes and adapt their language for non-experts.
Students can produce clear, well-structured, detailed (oral and written) text on complex subjects, showing correct use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Students can work individually on their article / presentation and collectively for the publication of a paper magazine and the organisation of a conference.
|Sequencing the task|
|Before the task|
|The purpose of task 3 is to prepare the students for task 6. During task 3, they have to:|
– Select a topic
– Research on the topic
– Select pertinent and useful sources
– Write a proposal for a paper (= task 3 / individual work)
– Create a podcast to announce the publication of a magazine (= task 3 / group work)
|During the task|
|– Individually: students have to write their article and their presentation|
– Collectively (in small groups): students have to choose a magazine’s topic + create and publish a magazine.
– Collectively (in small groups): students have to invite guests at the conference (email or face-to-face promotion)
|After the task|
|Assessment (task 6)|
– Students hand on their magazines (written assessment)
– Students present their articles at the conference (oral assessment)
– Bloom’s taxonomy to choose a complex question (https://drive.google.com/file/d/12tkro8wH2G-nLNPj5GClY46JNHRLpoeL/view?usp=sharing) – Pour un style clair et simple (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SxinNFz6IXA6DK7M3QhxYgh3JDTrBaUl/view?usp=sharing)
|*Note: If you want to add the original document with the task, please paste the link here:|