|This class is the third of a three-lesson unit which consists of reading with vocabulary work and discussion about the linguistic evolution of city names and historical aspects.|
|Specific LOs (Learning Outcomes) and/or goals of the task.|
|Sequencing the task|
|Before the task|
|During the task|
1. The class discusses the Russian city names they already know and share personal experience/knowledge about Sint-Petersburg.
2. The class watches a short episode about Sint-Petersburg and notes down the dates from the video.
3. The class watches the episode again and matches the dates to the names of the city.
4. Students work in small groups and read about official and unofficial names of Sint-Petersburg. They choose three favourite unofficial names and rank them in a shared document.
5. Students present their rankings.
6. The class compares the rankings.
|After the task|
|7. Homework: 1) Work on the chronology and write out the dates for each name period of Sint-Petersburg. 2) Watch and read extra information about Sint-Petersburg and think about a new unofficial name of the city. 3) Publish your city name and explanation on Padlet. 4) Comment on one of your peer’s names on Padlet.|
|See some examples here|
|*Note: If you want to add the original document with the task, please paste the link here:|